Setting up Microsoft Outlook
To add your email account to the latest version of Microsoft Outlook first click on the File menu and then on Account Settings. If you're using the Mac version, the menu will be in Outlook -> Preferences -> Accounts. No matter which OS you're using, the main configurations steps are the same.
To begin, click on the Other Email button at the bottom of the page.
Next, Microsoft Outlook will ask you for the email you want to add and the password for it. Once you start typing, additional fields will appear allowing you to configure the sending and receiving server for your emails.
Here's a brief explanation on the different field and what you should add in them:
Once you fill in each field/checkbox, click on the Add Account button to proceed.
- E-mail address: type in your email address - email@example.com for example;
- Password: enter the password for your domain;
- User name: the username is your full email address. It will be used for both incoming and outgoing connections;
- Type: select whether you want to use the IMAP or the POP3 protocol. We recommend that you use the IMAP protocol since it keeps your emails on the server and it's harder to lose information;
- Incoming server: the server for incoming mails should be the mail subdomain of your domain name - mail.yourdomain.com for example;
- Outgoing server: again, use mail.yourdomain.com as you entered for the incoming server;
- Use SSL to connect: if you have an SSL certificate for your domain, you can check this option for both your outgoing and incoming emails for extra security;
That's it! Your email account is configured and you can start sending and receiving emails.
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial will help you to configure a secure IMAP E-Mail Account in Outlook 2016. POP3 will...
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Thunderbird, so you'll be able to...
When you configure email account using Windows Live Mail, you may need to change a few settings...
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Windows Vista Mail, so you'll be able to...
In this tutorial we will provide you with detailed instruction on how to configure your Email...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution