How to configure a secure IMAP E-Mail Account in Outlook 2016
This tutorial will help you to configure a secure IMAP E-Mail Account in Outlook 2016.
POP3 will ensure your messages are fully downloaded to your computer. IMAP will sync your mails. If you wish to check your E-Mail on multiple computers or devices, IMAP is the preferred option.
1) To add new account to Outlook 2016 click on File >> Add Account:
2) Select Manual setup or additional server types and hit Next >
3) Select POP or IMAP and hit Next >
4) Fill in your:
- Your Name: As you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
- Email Address: The E-Mail account we are configuring.
- IMPORTANT: Account Type: select IMAP.
To get your Incoming and Outgoing Server: Login to your cPanel >> Email Accounts >> Select More from the Actions on any E-Mail account >> Configure Email Account >> Browse down to: Manual Settings >> Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended) >> Incoming and Outgoing Server: are the ones you are looking for.
- Username: Same as the E-Mail account we are configuring.
- Password: Enter the E-Mail account's password here.
Tick v Remember Password
Tick v Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
click More Settings...
4-1) Select the Outgoing Server tab >> tick v My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication >> select User same settings as my incoming mail server and click on the Advanced tab:
4-2) At the Advanced tab, fill in your:
- Incoming server (IMAP) port: 993
- Connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) port: 465
- Connection: SSL
- Click OK:
4-3) You should be back to the main POP and IMAP Account Settings window. Click on Next >
5) The Outlook 2016 will perform a quick Test. If you have successfully completed the E-Mail account configuration, you should see:
If not - go through the 4), 4-1) and 4-2) steps again.
6) You're all set!
7) Click on Finish will take you to your new Inbox:
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Open Ticket section within your MyKualo client area.
Was this answer helpful?
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Thunderbird, so you'll be able to...
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Windows Vista Mail, so you'll be able to...
When you configure email account using Windows Live Mail, you may need to change a few settings...
In this tutorial we will provide you with detailed instruction on how to configure your Email...
To add your email account to the latest version of Microsoft Outlook first click on the File menu...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution